Wednesday, September 9, 2009

They say that quitting cigarettes can be worse than quitting heroin...

... but I don't believe them.

I mean, I think drugs are awesome, but I won't even try heroin, because I'm worried that it might be that good. There is absolutely no fucking way that that's less awful than quitting cigarettes. Yet here I am, at five to two in the morning, and fretting over the fact that there's no place I can buy cigarettes in town. I mean, I have money... but no, says my super-ego, I'm supposed to quit this time. Wow. This is fucking tough.

Quitting cigarettes is supposed to be good for you, right?

8 comments:

Zach L said...

My dad tried quitting 3, 4 times. He'd been smoking since he was 12 years old, so over 45 years of smoking. What finally did it was some pills he was taking; after three or so months of not smoking, he just stopped wanting one. He didn't have to fight against it or think about it, it just became unimportant. Every once in a while he says he gets cravings, but it's never a big deal.

Basically, stick with it mentally, and your body will do the rest.

Silver Garou said...

They say quitting smoking is harder than quitting heroine because they tried (maybe successfully, maybe not)to quit smoking and not heroine. It sounds to me like the self congratulations of people trying to brag about their accomplishments or garner sympathy for their failures.

I don't doubt that giving up nicotine can be hard, just not that hard.

Good luck in your mental battle against your primitive ape brain that believe it needs a smoke.

D said...

Thanks, both of you. I used to imagine that heroin brought with it a certain amount of self-control, because you can smoke on the street but you can't shoot up. Then I read about Willimantic, and hoo-boy! Not even close.

Anyway, thanks again for the well-wishing. Good thing I have other vices to take the edge off. I'll just kick them out from underneath me one at a time - that last one is gonna be a bitch, though!

Victor Silva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Victor Silva said...

I consider this the finest blog I have read all this hour.
tax free cigarettes

Gemma Matters said...

I absolutely feel ecstatic when I find articles relevant to my work and my subject.
buy camel cigarettes

Palmira Dunn said...

Thanks guys, for sharing such informative data.
Kevin

salenayoungs said...

The stuff you are writing blows out my mind.
bull smoke review