Thursday, August 6, 2009

Missing out on the Zerg rush...

SSA is sending PZ Myers to the Creation Side Show in Cincinnatti. I want to go. Bad. So bad.

No, bad D! Bad! So bad. Want to... stop!

OK, seriously, I'm kinda sorta really frustrated that I can't swing this. But other things are more important than hanging out with a quarter-thousand people who I don't know and will never see again but who think like I do on important things and will be fun and awesome and... OK, enough!

Anyway, there's been a bunch of hullaballoo, and even more fuckery, and I still kinda wish I could go. But I am the temperamental sort, and liable to start a fight at the slightest provocation (I think fistfighting should be legal in public - just give it Fight Club rules). I mean, I was just thinking about how much I'd love to take extensive notes and excoriate those fuckers in my internet playroom here, and apparently that was enough: vitriol is go. I was full of piss & vinegar, and it shows in my comments elsewhere (I'm usually more polite in other people's sandboxes... I think...). Needless to say, this is not what needs to happen in Cincinnatti! Even if I stay within my legal rights, I'd probably hurt the cause, so... OK, good, I found a post-hoc rationalization for feeling satisfied with a firm decision not to go.

I could still rent a car and... NO!

1 comment:

Zach L said...

mmmm, ham hocks.