Monday, January 4, 2010

Dear The Internet: Today I made a blasphemy!

Ahem. Inspired by Saturday's Daylight Atheism, I cooked up a little blasphemy in my kitchen just now to tide me over until I get the rest of my stuff in the mail. All of the below photographs can be clicked for huge.
Can you guess where this is going?
Wait for it...
I'd say "boo-yah," or something similarly triumphant, but the thing is, I don't give a fuck. Like, I know that some book-burning, cartoonist-threatening, bacon-hating shit-heads with carp for brains would get their undies in a bind over this, but they're stupid, so who cares what they think?

OK, that's enough pointless nonsense for now. I'll wait for the death threats to roll in, and follow them up with Miss Piggy kissing Mohammed (unless you, the General Reader, can give me something even more blasphemous to draw).

10 comments:

Alexis! said...

Oh my gosh, this was HYSTERICAL! :)

D said...

Hey, thanks for the comment, glad you liked it!

Ebonmuse said...

Very blasphemous indeed. Nicely done! The next time one of those fatwah-envying Christians says, "Yeah, but you atheists wouldn't dare blaspheme Islam," we'll know exactly where to send them. (And the idea of Mohammed kissing Miss Piggy is, I must say, hilarious.)

What I find interesting about this whole brouhaha is, no one knows what Mohammed really looked like. So if I just draw a picture of some random guy in typical Bedouin dress, I'll be fine; but if I say that it's a drawing of Mohammed, then I'll have ax-wielding fanatics breaking down my front door and angry mobs burning my country's flag? The artist's intent makes that much difference?

Zach L said...

This reminds me of my hot dog topped with pulled pork and cheese. It's just as not-kosher as a bacon cheeseburger (cheese and meat together, ham), but damn was it surprisingly tasty.

anyways! The ham on the Quran/Koran/etc. was way funnier than my random anecdote. I j'approve.

Sarah Braasch said...

I love it.

Steve said...

Qur'd ham. D - licious

Anonymous said...

I suggest Mohammad kissing Baby Piggy (from the Muppet Babies) referring to Aisha.
Just a thought.

Maynard
(Sorry for the anonymous posting, can't remember my damn password)

D said...

Thanks for the votes of confidence, everybody! Maynard, that Baby Piggy suggestion is GOLDEN - I had a hard enough time drawing Miss Piggy yesterday, we'll see if I can pull it off.

Billy Deaton said...

Love this, reblogged it on my tumblr.

D said...

Hey, thanks, glad you liked it! Wait 'til you see what I get up to this weekend...