Monday, October 5, 2009

101 Interesting Things, part twenty-four: Matt Steven

Matt Steven isn't your average basketball player. He mainly stands around shooting free throws during practice, and he's the designated shooter for his high school team. He makes about half of his free throws, which is Hella better than I've ever done.

Oh, he's also blind.

Yep, a blind kid has won games for his ball team by shooting free throws, and everybody loves him. Matt's brother taps his cane on the back of the rim for him, and that's how Matt orients himself. I'm not a big sports nut (a shitty coach kinda ruined things for me in high school), but this guy is my hero.

There's really not a lot more to this one, except that a blind kid is winning basketball games by shooting free throws. Think about that one for a minute. So cool!

1 comment:

cl said...

I couldn't find your email address, though I know you listed it somewhere on DA and I recall it contained the string, "fox" somewhere in there.

Anyways, I've gotten back to you here, and I'm willing to continue whenever, wherever - though if we seek swift discussion we should do it on our own blogs because Ebon moderates my comments. I have a pertinent post here, if you'd like.