Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Aggravation

Ugh. This sucks. My computer is chronically overheating, and dying of it. I should get another processor fan. But my graphics card is also chronically overheating, which makes my screen go all wonky, and my network card is burned out so I have a USB-to-ethernet adapter, and it doesn't quite start up right, and when it does start up I get a weird message every time saying that an unspecified file can't be found (The file "//" cannot be found. Please make sure the path or directory is correct and blah blah blah), and I've got six other problems - that's not hyperbole, they have to do with jacks and compatibility issues between different programs and other startup things which I thought I had handled but mysteriously aren't - which are all beyond my ken and I'm pretty sure I've got bubble gum in there somewhere as a structural component. OK, that last one is hyperbole.

In short: I need a new computer.

Anyway. All this makes for an angry D, and writing is now too frustrating. Worst. Timing. Ever. I'm sure I won't be able to stand not writing soon, though, so this shouldn't be long. I give it 'til the end of September - which may sound long to you, but September is a busy month for me, between my dad's birthday and the accompanying family get-together, an engagement party for a friend, a housewarming party for another friend, and... and that's all my free time, pretty much, between the two jobs and all. So we'll see how it goes.

See you in October! Oh, and since I won't be posting just to announce it, it's almost a year since I quit smoking [cigarettes]! Happy Birthday, Dad!

3 comments:

Atheist MC said...

Meh
I've started again after 15 years without. Well done you though

Kold_Kadavr_flatliner said...

I can tell, girl, by your lovely, pink page, you're a member of the female race --- Doesn't matter if you believe or not, we're STILL gonna be Divinely Judged; Jesus doesn't have a sign on the outskirts of Heaven saying, 'Those who don't believe, getta free-pass' - I was for fifteen years, conformed by the world, not by God. Be on the pro-LIFE-eration side, girl, don't be on the side which'll swiftly lead you down. I’m a small 'peAce-de-resistance' of a Larger Picture: God’s side. God bless you with discernment.

D said...

Now, see, you've got a lovely set of internally consistent beliefs, which is great if you operate on a coherence theory of truth. But, of course, we don't just want coherence - we want correspondence, too. And to see if your views correspond with reality, you have to be able to test them. Furthermore, to convince others that your views are correct, others must be able to reproduce your tests and obtain the same results.

So blab all you want. Until you appeal to my reason and my desire for evidence, it's only so much jaw-flapping.