Monday, February 16, 2009

Obama seems to really understand science!

OK, this is old news, but I just saw it today!  And I'm excited about it!
The fact that Obama felt it was necessary to make such an announcement tells me two things:  first, that he recognizes the decline of science's importance in the public mind as the threat to our nation's future that it truly is; second, that he agrees with me personally in thinking that something must be done about it.  Moral of the story:  Obama says to the nation, "Listen, children, it's time to go to school, even though I know you don't like to learn things."

I think the most remarkable part of this whole thing is that Obama basically says that the only way to learn about the world is by looking at it (the money quote is from 1:33-2:02).  Way to go!

No comments: