Saturday, April 13, 2013

50K!

Just looked at my word count, and last night I crossed the 50K mark!  Woo-hoo!  At this point in TQM, I was looking to wrap things up, as I was on a rather tight-ish deadline... come to think of it, pretty much everything in that book was tight.

This one is a bit more complicated (as I'm sure you've seen, Dear Reader).  I mean, it's not "a thousand years and two galaxies" complicated, but there are more characters, more relationships to establish, and with Three Pair of Eyes, I'm really just getting started on the action.  TQM was very much an executive summary fairy tale, more about the big ideas than the little details (I once described it as "reverse-Candide, but with superpowers"); T&C is shaping up to be the opposite in many ways, especially considering that there aren't really any white hats.

I had some other things I wanted to write this weekend... but dammit, I'm just getting on a roll and I wanna strike while the iron's hot.

No comments: